Persimmon Woods Golf Club is seeking a resolute, enthusiastic, and diligent individual to join our Golf Course Maintenance Team. Persimmon Woods is a golf-only club, and we are proud that GolfWeek Magazine has ranked Persimmon Woods the 5th Best Private Club in Missouri in 2020 and 2021! We are a business that continues to invest in our property. In June 2024 we will be closing the greens and doing a complete rebuild. The renovation will include a new growing medium, gravel, drainage, 0-0-7XL bent grass, irrigation, and new surrounds with HGT bluegrass. The selected individual will be involved in the renovations and will acquire valuable in-depth knowledge of what it takes to complete a renovation of this size. The greens are scheduled to reopen in late April, 2025. In this time frame additional capital improvements are being completed such as cart path, bridges, wall construction, additional turf renovations, and much more. The long-term objective is to continue to enhance the private atmosphere of the club and build on one of the best golf experiences in St Louis.
The assistant superintendent position model is designed to prepare the incumbent for advancement in the golf course industry. An initiative-taking individual will acquire the skills and experience needed to be a successful Golf Course Superintendent by being involved in all levels of upper management, including:
- Chemical and fertilizer application programs
- Daily decision through the golf shop to appeal to the members needs.
- Basic mechanical work
- Shop improvements
- And much more!!
Our maintenance department is a cohesive team that works together, encourages involvement, and expansion. The assistant superintendent will be required to supervise and collaborate with a staff of 18-20 individuals daily. The staff at Persimmon consists of:
- 8 full time employees
- 9-11 seasonal employees
- Equipment Technician (with 26 years of service)
- Irrigation Technician (with 21 years of service)
- Golf Course Superintendent
The Assistant Superintendent will report to the Golf Course Superintendent and lead the department in his absence.
Persimmon Woods also offers an extensive benefit package that includes:
- $65,000- 72,000 salary Per year
- Health insurance, Dental and Vision per the Employee Manual
- Substantial Education Allowance, including annual attendance to the National Golf Industry Show
- Two weeks paid vacation during first year of employment.
- Simple IRA per the Employee Manual
- Daily meals provided.
- Uniform allowance
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Dues paid to Local and National associations.
- Paid sick leave.
- 2–4-year degree preferred
- 2 + years supervisor experience preferred but not required.
- Must be able to obtain a Missouri Pesticide Applicators License within the first 120 days of employment.
- Positive attitude
- Leadership qualities
- Strong mindfulness
- Productive mindset
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your cover letter and resume.
Nick Scheible, GCS
Persimmon Woods Golf Club
Thank You for your interest!