Columbia Golf Club is accepting applications for an Assistant
Superintendent. Current 2nd Assistant Superintendents and
Assistants in Training are encouraged to send Resume!
CGC is a public 36 hole privately owned facility in the St. Louis
MO metro area. We are a 50 year old club that has distinctive 18
hole tracts. We are located on the Illinois side of the Mississippi
river bluffs and have a total of over 200’ of elevation change
throughout the property.
The assistant will work under and closely with the Golf Course
Superintendent. He or she will be involved in all aspects of golf
course and grounds maintenance. The assistant will help in
scheduling work assignments for a year-round staff of 4 and an
additional seasonal staff of 10-12 employees.
We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated and
interested in pursuing a career in golf course management. The
following is a description of the job requirements:
• Assist the Golf Course Superintendent with supervising all
golf crew members.
• Assist the Golf Course Superintendent with daily work
operations and help prepare weekly work schedule for golf
• Assist issuing assigned duties and examine work for
neatness, exactness and conformance to policies and
• Assists with training of new employee on equipment.
• Work closely with the Golf Course Superintendent in
preparing short- and long-term agronomic strategies for the
• Assists with proper application and documentation of all
chemicals and fertilizers as outlined in agronomic plan.
• Assist staff when needed with routine task (mowing, sprayer
calibration and operation, and routine repairs).
• Supervise weekend staff as required.
• Two or Four year turf management degree preferred or a
Certificate in Turf Management with verifiable golf course
• Possess a State Pesticide Applicators License within 180
days of hire.
• 1-3 years of turf grass management experience.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Irrigation experience preferred.
• Chemical mixing, loading, and application preferred.
• Must have good business knowledge and passion for golf
• Must be organized and efficient with high attention to detail.
• Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal
• Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
Benefit Package includes
• Starting salary – $50-55,000
• 2 weeks paid vacation and 3 holidays
• Health insurance
• Company matching IRA plan
• Dues for local and national superintendent’s assoc.
• Golfing privileges