Rend Lake Golf Course Superintendent
The Rend Lake Golf Complex consists of the Rend Lake Golf Course, Seasons Lodge &
Condominiums, Buck & Bass Cabins, and a full-service restaurant and sports bar and a banquet
hall to accommodate approximately 200 guests. The Rend Lake Golf Course is a beautiful 27-
hole championship golf course on the banks of Rend Lake and was named one of the best in the
Midwest. The golf course has large bent grass greens averaging 7,500 square feet per green. It
has zoysia fairways and tees, numerous water hazards, wide continuous cart paths throughout,
meticulous landscaping creating a mature, natural setting. The golf course also has a state of the
art, lighted driving range and practice facility with five sets of tees, raised target greens and a
The Rend Lake Golf Course is accepting applications for a Golf Course Superintendent. The
Golf Course Superintendent is entrusted with the maintenance, operation and management of the
• Assumes responsibility for managing and maintaining properties, which may include:
Golf course and practice area, maintenance equipment, golf car fleet, clubhouse grounds
and landscaping, other recreational facilities, restrooms and portable water on course,
open spaces, wooden areas, unused acreage and areas outside the perimeter fence, sod
farm and nursery, upkeep of roadways which includes snow removal, and other
properties as assigned.
• Assumes responsibility for construction and/or reconstruction of such properties, whether
performed by maintenance staff or contractors.
• Prepares the annual budget for the maintenance and capital improvement of club
• Approves all expenditures and exercises cost control measures to keep, as nearly as
possible, operating and capital expenses within the approved budgets.
• Keeps accurate and complete records on payroll, inventory, weather data, maintenance
procedures, pesticide applications, etc.
• Formulates the annual maintenance and capital budgets to implement Board policies
established in accordance with the club’s long-range plan and defined maintenance
• Interviews, hires, trains, directs, supervises and terminates a staff of employees for the
purpose of maintaining club properties.
• Plans all maintenance and project work, applying his/her agronomic and administrative
expertise to achieve the club’s maintenance standards and long-range goals.
• Oversees scheduling of personnel and equipment to accomplish the work.
• Keeps all buildings and equipment well maintained.
• Frequently inspects the golf course and related areas to evaluate how well management
standards are being achieved and to effect changes in management programs.
• Communicates regularly with other members of the organization’s top management
group to discuss activities, goals, plans, and customer input.
• Maintains all required records and reports.
• Ensures cleanliness of all facilities under their control.
• Manages safety to strive for zero accidents.
• Performs other duties as required.
Desirable Training and Experience:
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in turf management.
• Ten years of golf experience.
• Class A Superintendent License and golf chemical license.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage all golf course maintenance tasks.
• Ability and license to spray golf chemicals.
• Ability to manage part time and union staff.
• Ability to manage budget expenses.
Generous Benefit Package:
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Retirement Benefits
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation Days
• Paid Sick/Personal Days
Salary Dependent on Qualifications and Experience.
If interested in the Rend Lake Golf Course Superintendent position, please mail resume and
cover letter to the Rend Lake Conservancy District, P.O. Box 907, Benton, IL 62812 or email to