Golf Course Superintendent Position Available at
Salem Country Club, Salem, IL
Salem Country Club is seeking a Golf Course Superintendent. The Superintendent is responsible for the successful operation of the golf course and clubhouse maintenance department. A positive attitude and ability to be flexible regarding scheduling and troubleshooting is a must. The Superintendent is to work closely with the General Manager to ensure customer satisfaction. This position needs to maximize the number of rounds of golf played by scheduling maintenance practices around member play and outings to maximize efficiency.
- Provides agronomic direction to always maintain the golf course at the highest quality possible.
- Follows company standards for the healthy growth of the golf course grasses, trees, wetlands, and other applicable plant materials.
- Programs for turf/grass, material and chemical maintenance, and asset management are critical to the success of this role.
- Prepares an annual budget and achieves these financial goals throughout the year, through proper forecasting, expense controls and labor management.
- Report any issues or concerns directly to the GM.
- Provides leadership and direction to team members.
- Attends the monthly board meetings.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and developing all staff.
- Ensures staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state, and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- Ability to obtain Pesticide Applicators License
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements and record keeping as required by local, state, and federal laws.
- Compensation based on experience
- Paid dues to local and national associations
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Golf Membership
- 50% Discount on meals and merchandise discount
Salem Country Club
700 Divot Dr
Salem, IL 62881