The Clay County Country Club, near Flora, IL is looking for a course superintendent. This person will be
responsible for the care of the course, grounds, and equipment. This is a 9-hole course public course.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. Must be self-motivated
and can work efficiently and effectively by themselves. Along with a salary of $45k per year, a 2-
bedroom 1 bath home on the course is also included. All utilities are included except for TV and Internet.
Full Job Description
Description: Golf Course Superintendent at Clay County Country Club near Flora Illinois
Responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and
equipment. Help the ownership develop and manage yearly maintenance plans and budgets. Train and
supervise staff. Communicate regularly with the ownership group.
Essential job functions:
● Maintain the golf course in proper playing condition according to ownership standards.
● Per maintenance specifications, maintain the greens, fairways,
tees, sand traps, bodies of water, roughs, maintenance shop and grounds, cart
maintenance, and clubhouse maintenance.
● Maintain accurate records to track maintenance expenses, construction
activities, equipment repair, and fertilizer, chemical, and pest control
practices within state and federal guidelines.
● Supervise and perform equipment repair and maintenance.
● Supervise and performs irrigation scheduling and repairs.
● Maintain course character consistent with the rules of golf and maintenance standards.
● Solve technical problems of the golf course maintenance.
● Responsible for identifying, and implementing, approved capital improvements..
● Promotes and follows all current and future company and course policies and rules.
● Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, kneel, walk and crouch
● Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., and to lift overhead and push/pull, move lighter objects.
● The employee is occasionally exposed to wildlife such as snakes, spiders, bees
● Bachelors’ degree and experience managing a golf course is preferred but not required. College or
university program certificate strongly preferred but not required.
● Excellent communication skills
● Strong observational skills and detail oriented
● Highly organized
● Must be able to operate trucks and motorized equipment necessary for golf course
maintenance and have the ability to work independently.
If interested, please contact Jason Jones at (815) 922-4456 for more details.