Golf Course Superintendent
Cape Girardeau Country Club – GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT
Cape Girardeau Country Club in Cape Girardeau, Missouri was founded in 1921 and will soon be celebrating our centennial anniversary. We are seeking an experienced Golf Course Superintendent with the following skills and capabilities:
- Current Missouri Pesticide Application License required (or ability to quickly acquire Missouri license). Supervises and participates in applying all chemicals and maintains accurate records of all applications.
- Thorough knowledge of agronomy, course maintenance, chemical application, appropriate water management, and proven experience in managing a staff to achieve outstanding course conditions.
- Experience in maintaining and repairing irrigation systems
- Capable of establishing and managing preventative maintenance system for equipment and making necessary repairs when required.
- Involved with hiring, training, and developing of all grounds crew employees. Provides training to employees for safe and effective operations of all equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with coworkers and members, helping to establish an organization that delivers outstanding customer service and is a great place to work.
- 3 years minimum experience as a Golf Course Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
- Degree in turf management preferred but not required.
Salary commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent: 3 years (Required)
- Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge in managing creeping bentgrass and Zoysia in the transition zone.
Send cover letter, resume and references to:
General Manager/Board of Directors
Cape Girardeau Country Club
250 Country Club Drive
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701